Private 1-day e-bike and walking tour: Serene Pastoral Villages and Historic Brewery Town Near Lake Biwa
Embark on a serene biking journey through villages steeped in a rich culture of devotion. Followed by a guided walk with a local expert to unveil the historic brewery town of Kinomoto. This distinctive experience offers a glimpse into the concealed treasures of tranquil rural life. During the morning cycling tour, you'll be treated to the exquisite beauty of local satoyama nature, observe captivating wildlife, and immerse yourself in the tapestry of rural communities. In the afternoon, enjoy a leisurely walking expedition to Kinomoto, a town steeped in brewing history. Engage with the warm-hearted locals and explore the legacy of sake and soy sauce breweries, cherished as enduring family enterprises over multiple generations. Savor the opportunity for sake tastings.
- Minimum Number of Passengers
- 1 participant
- Maximum Capacity
- 4 participants
- Participation Restrictions
- 13 years or older, 150 cm or taller, must be able to ride a bicycle
- Open Period
- Closed on certain days
- Closed Period
- Excluded: August, December–February
- Meeting Times and Business Hours
- 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Tour Schedule
- Meet at Maibara Station > Move to Kinomoto Station (25 minutes) Bicycle course begins (includes a break) Lunch > Walk around town > Disband at Kinomoto Station
- Required Time
- 7 hours
- Provision of Meals
- Meals are not provided
- Open to meal requests
- For meals, we will guide you to a Japanese restaurant. They can accommodate dietary restrictions somewhat, but they may have difficulty completely matching the needs of vegetarians and vegans.
- Typically, we will guide you to a Japanese restaurant for lunch, but if you have requests for another kind of restaurant, we can guide you to it on the day of the event. However, the cost of food will not be included in the tour.
- Related websites