Tempra Endo Okazaki-Tei
Tempura Endo Okazaki-Tei, one of the best tempura restaurants in Kyoto, is quietly located on Sakura no banba-Dori Street, west of Heian Shrine. The cobblestone approach leads to the restaurant, a modern space unified by traditional Japanese furnishings. The restaurant offers a variety of seating options, including a "Tempura Counter" where you can enjoy the craftsmanship of the chefs right in front of you, table seating perfect for small groups, and "Tempura Gathering" where you can enjoy freshly deep-fried tempura with a large group of friends.
The ingredients are carefully selected, including local Kyo-yasai vegetables, fresh seafood directly from the Seto Inland Sea and Wakasa Bay, and river fish from Lake Biwa. The oil used to fry the tempura is also carefully selected, with the highest quality cottonseed oil used to make the tempura light and refreshing to the palate. Bento-Box of tempura is also available for purchase as souvenirs so that you can enjoy the famous tempura at home.
- Name in Japanese
- 天ぷら 圓堂 岡ざき邸
- Postal Code
- 60-3 Okazaki Nishitenno-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto
- Open every day
- 11:00am-9:00pm (L.O. 8:00pm)
- Lunch 5,000 yen and up, Dinner 10,000 yen and up
- 10 min. Walk from Jingu-marutamachi Station on the Keihan Oto Line or Higashiyama Station on the Kyoto Municipal Subway Line.
- Credit Cards
- Official Website (English)