Gokasho, Higahsi-Omi City, Shiga is where the Omi merchants originated. This restaurant is in a 180-year-old, renovated Omi Merchant’s home. Plenty of Ingredients from the land of the lake, Shiga, are featured to create Shiga’s traditional fermented food.
The ingredients are all from well-known producers. The restaurant also uses wild vegetables from their premises, fish caught in Biwa Lake, and wild game meats such as deer and boars. Enjoy Shiga’s delicacy.
One of the famous dishes is Cured Omi Beef, Tanada Zen. Omi Beef is fermented in the homemade salted bran, and the first serving is the straight beef, for the second serving, with toppings, and for the third serving, with the premium fish soup and rice. There are cacao miso, dried persimmon salty sauce, osmanthus flower syrup and other fermented foods are carefully prepared to bring you heavenly taste.
- Name in Japanese
- 湖香 六根
- Postal Code
- 713 Gokashokawanamicho, Higashiomi City, Shiga
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays
- 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:00pm - (Reservation always required)
- Lunch 6,000 yen, Dinner 10,000 yen
- From JR Biwako Line, Notogawa Station, ride Omi Railway Bus for 15 min, Get off at Kawanami and walk for 4 min. Or get off at Plaza Sanpo Yoshi-mae, and walk for 5 min.
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)