Shinkoro Clock Tower
Shinkoro was built in 1871 on the turret of the Sannomaru Gate which once stood here. In 1881, the physician Ikeda Chujo donated the timepiece that turned the structure into a clock tower. It has kept time ever since, with the clock being replaced three times in its history.
[Access] Public transport: Approx. 5 min. walk from the Izushi-eigyosho bus stop (toward Izushi) on the Zentan bus from JR Toyooka Station
By car: Approx. 30 min. (15 km) along National Route 312/Prefectural Route 2 from Yoka-Hyonosen IC on the Kitakinki-Toyooka Expressway
- Postal Code
- Uchimachi, Izushi-chou, Toyooka City, Hyogo
- Tajimanokuni Izushi Tourism Association 0796-52-4806
- 1 Dec 2020