This shrine enshrines the spirits of Hatano Kawakatsu, Amaterasu Sumeokami, and Kasuganokami, but even though its date of establishment remains unknown, according to local legend, it was already a force in the year 1182. The present-day main hall was rebuilt in 1769, and the hall of worship and the gate were rebuilt in 1746. In the Ema Hall, 40 emas (drawings on wooden boards) are displayed, including one of 280 years of age. The Sakoshi Funamatsuri Festival held in fall in this shrine was designated a National Intangible Folk Cultural Property in 2012.
■Admission fee Free
■Access 5-minute walk from the Sakoshiko bus stop. The bus bound for Kojima departs
from JR Sakoshi Station.
20-minute drive from Ako IC on the Sanyo Expressway
- Postal Code
- 1299, Sakoshi, Ako, Hyogo